SC - Re: Sensible Cook, bison meat

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 19:31:41 PDT 1999

Unto Lord Bear--

	The Sensible Cook, translated and edited by Peter G. Rose, Syracuse
University Press, 0-8156-0503-x, copyright 1989, paper edition more recently.
 $17.95.

	I just found a wonderful natural foods supermarket in the Northeast.
After attending a textile collegium, some friends took me to shop at Bread
and Circus, located in the Mountain Farms Mall on Rt 9, in Amherst MA.

	This place has a wonderful supply of natural foods, unusual grains
(whole and rolled), teas, beers and ciders, and fresh meat.  Their selection
included whole and ground buffalo and beefalo, as well as ostrich cutlets.

	We did not try the meat, since we had no way to get it home to
Brooklyn, but their granola and dark gradeB full flavored maple syrup were
wonderful.

I don't know whether they have a web site, but it might be worth trying.

Devra the Baker (mka Devra Langsam)
- -- visit me at Bazaar 2 at Pennsic and say hello!
www.poisonpenpress.com --lotsa good books, including The Sensible Cook