SC - danish recipes from 1300

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Jul 20 21:47:42 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 20 Jul 99,, that Karen O wrote:

> >The rest of the article is about two sources of information on actual
> Danish cookery.  One source is the household account books of Queen
> Christine, covering a period of 1496-1521.  The other is a complete
> listing of meals eaten in one year (c. 1520) by a certain Catholic
> bishop.<
>
>     My Dearest Brighid,
>
>     Is this article available on-line?  where  may I find it ?  I am
> particularly interested in the complete listing of menus.

The article from _Du manuscrit a la table_ is not online.  In any case, it
does not include the bishop's menus.  It discusses some patterns in his
meals, and mentions a handful of specific dishes.

HOWEVER, I did a web search on "Hans Trask" (the good bishop's
name), and found that The Olde Cookery Book at
http://www.bahnhof.se/~chimbis/tocb/recipes/menus/brask/index.html
has reproduced a week's worth of menus.

I do not know if the complete Trask menus are available anywhere in
English.

>     Caointiarn

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain