SC - pinenut flour

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jul 21 21:05:16 PDT 1999

Greetings,

I got an email today from a lady at "Goods From The Woods". A company
whose main product seems to be pine nuts. She was asking if I knew of
a commercial source for pinenut flour. I assume after looking at her
website she was asking about a wholesale source.

Anyway, she sells pinenuts but in large quantities. I don't know what
kind of quantities are needed for the usual SCA feast that uses them
or whether she has a good price or not. These are apparently pine nuts
harvested here in the US. Her smallest size was 24 12ox cotton bags for
$120. Her web address is: http://www.pinenut.com

After I read her email, I've thinking that I've seen period recipes
that used pine nuts but I'm not sure that I've seen any that used
pine nut flour. Am I just mis-remembering?
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****