SC - request for info

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 15:06:11 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/23/99 4:38:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, agora at algonet.se
writes:

<< I found another comments about an Arabic cookbook,
 written in Baghdad 1266. He says the manuscript is entirely translated to
 English. He describes a recipe with meat and granatapple.
 The name is Jurjaniya.
 You, all-knowing people, where is the manuscript? Is it published as a
 book? Can someone tell me the name of the book and where can I buy it?

I am not sure of what the exact manuscript you are referring to is BUT
al-Baghdadi which is included in vol.I of Cariadoc's Collection of
Renaissance and Medieval Cookbooks sounds suspiciously close. The collection
is available on Cariadoc's site and is offered at a ridiculously tiny price
when the considering the information it contains. Both Vol. I and II are
personally RECOMMENDED (and, IMO, are completely indispensable) to any person
who claims any interest what so ever in medieval cookery.

Yours in Service to the Dream,

al-Sayyid A'aql ibn Rashid al-Zib. AoA, Osyc