SC - Real feasts?

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Mon Jul 26 00:57:49 PDT 1999

>The only way I can think of pulling off a feast like that is to make it a
>themed event and stick to it. If the majes show up, they should
>participate too. We did a Tournament of the Lions (twice) and once the
>royals showed up- they also played as though they were visiting Toulouse,
>and it was VERY interesting how roles, etc. shifted. It works- but only if
>everyone is playing the same game...

That's kind of what we're hoping for at 12th Night. I believe the theme will be
the local royalty (the Baron and Baroness) are having a feast to celebrate the
season. The Baron will be showing off his wealth and prestige by having a great
deal of food for those invited to enjoy and marvel over. It will not be the
typical SCA event of tourney-feast-court (or worse tourney-court-feast). I
believe the Baron and Baroness will enjoy this opportunity to sit back and enjoy
the show, so to speak, and play the hosts. No contests, no combat, no meetings,
perhaps a moment of holding court, and lots of food and entertainments to
satisfy the tongue and the eye.

Working on designs for a baldequin for their Excellencies place at table,

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL