SC - medieval faires

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 14:58:01 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/26/99 4:13:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nn3_shay at yahoo.com writes:

<< Medieval ostrich
 burgers?  I don't THINK so!  King Richard didn't exactly have a lot of
 contact with Australian!"  Needless to say, it is much less certain
 that I will be invited to go with the same group again next year!

 -- Harriet >>

Ostrich's are mentioned in Apicius and several recipes are given. They are
originally from Africa and were imported and raised in Rome. I see no problem
with seeing them at a medieval feast considering the trade with the Mideast.

Ras