SC - vegetables- green beans , squash

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Jul 26 23:09:11 PDT 1999

At 10:33 AM -0700 7/26/99, pat fee wrote:
>Yes there is a recipie.  Its called Simple Meat Stew or Mete Stwe withe
>Middlens(barley)

If I understand your description of the book correctly, recipes in it might
be from any time in the past five hundred years or so. Do you have a date
for that one? More generally, what sort of information is there by which
you can figure out which recipes were originally written when? If they have
been many times recopied, as I think you said, handwriting won't be much
help. And if it was copied every generation for hundreds of years, I would
think a lot of scribal errors (or perhaps deliberate "improvements") would
get in, no?

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/