SC - Re: Pennsic Water

Ian Gourdon agincort at raex.com
Tue Jul 27 15:44:45 PDT 1999

> Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:28:52 EDT
> From: Tollhase1 at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - Re: Forwarded Message - EK list - Pennsic
>
>I just missed the plague prior to joining the SCA, Lucky me.
>So I had planned on bringing dried Gatorade and adding water, Not a >good idea?  So, If I am fighting, scouting what ever, how much water >should I drink.  I know that Last year I probably drank a gallon easily >a day not including coffee, teas or late night beverages.
>
>Am I better off bringing gallon jugs of water, one for each day for >drinking and double filter my cooking water?  What type of filters, I >have been looking and seen two types, One for smell and odor the other >for just sediments.  Are there other types.  I am seen NO filters that >mention bacteria or virus.  I am going to buy filters for our >encampment, but want to buy the correct type.
>Are their tablets to add to water to kill bacteria/virus?
>Lord Frederich

Tollhouse old bud,
Relax. Sit down. Have a homebr- glass of water. Brita or some such will
filter the residues if you're not in the part of Pennsic that has
filters now. As for buggy fears, a dollop of clorine bleach in the rinse
water should do it. Maybe, don't try to eat leftovers at Pennsic. That
should do it. This War just won't be that different. Ian Gourdon

Let me quote something I just received:
>From: TreloginMM at aol.com
>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:00:02 EDT
>Subject: PA  drought
>To:<snip recipient list>
>No drought in Butler county!!!!!   There is a drought in most of Pa.  >It does not apply to us!!!   Please pass this on to everyone you know >and tell them to pass it on to everyone they know and so on and so on >and so on!!!!!!!
>It rained at Cooper's Lake on both sat and on sun. Pass it on brothers >and sisters!!!!!!!!!~   TT

Thank you, Trelogin (he's the Pennsic Autocrat)
- --
Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
- - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
http://web.raex.com/~agincort