SC - Query re. Lorna Sass book

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 18:18:12 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/30/99 3:46:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< Sass, Lorna J.: Christmas Feasts From History ; NY, Met. Museum of Art &
 >                 Chalmers CkBks, 1981, Paperback, VG Great American Cooking
 > Schools

 <<It's not bad as commercial secondary sources go; my best scenario would
 be to pick it up off the remainder table at a discount. There are some
 good recipes in it, as well as some [reasonably] well-researched menus,
 some relying on heavy speculation, such as her Anglo-Saxon Yule feast. >>
Adamantius>>

I fully agree. I've had my copy since '86 and enjoy it as a fun read and
source of ingredients for comparison. A&S Documentation material it isn't.

FYI: I haven't noticed if this news has made this list, but vivats and hearty
thanks to the new East Kingdom Minister of A&S; Master A!