SC - Just to introduce myself

Rayne and Richard PRIDEelectric at centuryinter.net
Sat Jul 31 11:10:23 PDT 1999

Welcome,

The List just finished a discussing about "announcing dishes at Feast".  If your
area does not do this already, NOW is a perfect opportunity to try it.

Before each remove is brought out, have a herald, hall steward (someone loud)
call the hall quiet (Oyez) and with flourish announce the dishes being served.
You can add some heraldic wording in some of the descriptions:  i.e.  "Before
you, on an argent tray, we present banded, roast boar on a bed of vert and
gules"  (translation:  Your getting, on a silver plate, roasted pig wrapped with
string laying on top of lettuce and radishes.)    Okay, you can remove the
string before serving  :-)  But you get the idea.

Also something I did long ago was, for a gosling "children's" activity, have
some large pieces of white posterboard.  Draw, in black bold markers, the
outline of a shield on the posterboard. (Do NOT cut the shield shape out)  Have
the children decorate the shields -  anyway they want - THEN cut out the shield
shape.  (Kids don't have to worry about staying in the lines this way) Have them
write their names on the back and use them to decorate the Hall.  The kids are
so proud to point out their artwork to parents and friends and they have
something to take home after the event.

Have more ideas, will send them to you privately.

Rayne
Meridies