SC - SMALL ideas :-)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jul 1 05:38:41 PDT 1999

KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil writes:

<< My instincts
 tell me to roast the pepper and mustard, then make a sauce of it with the
 coconut milk, but I am open to other interpretations.  Might he even have
 meant use the brinjal and onions then mustard and pepper instead of the
 other spices?

 Regards, Puck >>

Is this a recipe from India? If so I would assume the latter. The usual way
to cook food from that part of the world is to toast your spices in a dry pan
being very careful with the heat so you don't burn them Then crush them and
proceed with the recipe. After toasting and crushing simply put them into the
main ingredient pot. Add the coconut milk and simmer until slightly
thickened. Enjoy. :-)

Ras