SC - help needed on knightly virtues/Ideals of Chivalry

Gerekr at aol.com Gerekr at aol.com
Sat Jul 3 10:35:22 PDT 1999

On 7/1/99 5:27 PM sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG wrote:

>From:	lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu (Laura C Minnick)
>
>	Sources? I got sources for you...
>
>	Find this book in your local University library, or get the local
>library to get it via ILL.-
>
>	F.J.Furnivall, ed. _Early English Meals and Manners_. London,
>Early English Text Society, 1868.

What she said... and Henisch may be much more available, and is fun to
read (well written).

Which brings me to... (whimper, whine) anybody know where you can BUY the
Furnivall for a reasonable price?  Dover hasn't done it, have they? Bet
they can't because of copyright, but why can't EETS do a paperback
version for a more reasonable price than $80? (tho it would probably have
to be in at least 2 volumes... I've seen the 1868 printing recently and
it was about an inch and a quarter thick!)

Anybody know if EETS is planning to digitize their line so they can print
to individual orders? (that technology is on the way and this would be a
perfect application, eh?)

Thanks
Chimene