SC - Turkish Breakfast - Suggestions Anyone?

Anne of Bradford rdwlist at micronet.net
Sun Jul 4 11:37:18 PDT 1999

Greetings to the folks on Cooks List from Anne, Autocrat of Chicken Wars
IV: The Silk Road.

We're going to be doing Turkish/Persian food for the event, beyond that,
caravan oriented as well.  Caravan food meaning that food which can be
prepared quickly with minimal fuss, carried around on camel back for a
day or a week, or gotten at an oasis along the way.

The only meal that really has myself and my kitchen steward stumped is
breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.  Melons, dried fruits and nuts, etc.
are not too bad, and are already on the menu.  Eggs?  With what
spicings?  Sausages?  One of the recipe books (The Sultan's Kitchen)
we're looking at has some suggestions on rolls, but it's not really in
period.  Yogurt?

Any suggestions (with recipes please), are very appreciated!

Thanks to all, Anne of Bradford.