SC - Turkish Breakfast - Suggestions Anyone?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Jul 4 21:52:07 PDT 1999

At 4:38 PM -0400 7/4/99, Michelle \"TJ\" Brunzie wrote:

>One Persian dish I enjoy is called Kukuye, where miscellaneous vegetable
>is sauteed with garlic, pepper, salt, and maybe parsley, paprika, or
>cinnamon; ...

>Granted, I have *NO* proof whatsoever that the above recipe is really
>period...just that it's Persian, and it's delicious!

The version with paprika is unlikely to be period, since that is from the
New World and only coming into use at the very end of our period.

>> Sausages?
>
>Heavens no!  Sausages are made from pig, which are strictly _haram_;

They don't have to be pork sausages. You can find sausage recipes in
medieval Islamic cookbooks; the big Andalusian cookbook even has a
vegetarian sausage recipe.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/