SC - Salsa Recipe- OOP.

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Jul 6 08:36:29 PDT 1999

I thought that perhaps you might like my generic salsa recipe- I vary it
according to circumstances, but follow a general guideline.

Phlip's Salsa

Fresh tomatoes, skinned or not- your preference,
Chopped onions
Chopped chiles *
Cilantro, chopped
Lemon juice

Optional-
Salt
Pepper
Other vegetables, including but not limited to corn and cucumbers.

Mix the first three ingredients to your preference for balance, then add
cilantro and lemon juice to taste and to liquid preference/ need. If you
want it a bit soupier, run half throgh a blender and add to the chopped
mixture- serve on the side. Corn, cukes, etc can be added for different
textures and flavors- I like the addition of cukes for a salsa for a broiled
firm white fish, for example.

* As far as chiles go, it again depends on what I'm doing or trying to
achieve, or who I'm feeding. My usual, preferred blend is a couple of finely
minced Thai peppers, a minced serrano, and a couple of jalepenos, but I'll
mix and match according to what's available or how hot I want it.

Phlip

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig