South Western dishes was Re: SC - Huevos con salsa-

snowfire at mail.snet.net snowfire at mail.snet.net
Tue Jul 6 13:49:51 PDT 1999

- -Poster: Elysant <Snowfire at mail.snet.net>

>> > Gunthar
>> > (Dreaming of finding a good Santa Fe restaurant in Dallas.)
>> >
>> The little Japanese place over by the Guadalupe Chapel, perhaps?
>
>> La Casa Sena?
>
>> I like the little Hopi joint south of the plaza for huevos.
>
>> If you're really hard up, you might get a Kiva Kitchen franchise for Big D.
>> Kiva Kitchen -- that's the ticket.
>>
>> Bear :-)
>
>Well, I was looking for something like the Border Crossing there in
>Namron. Blue corn, smoked meat fillings, puffed tacos...
>
>Living in the land of Tex-Mex. But it could be worse, Sara tells
>of the time in London where they found a place that served "nachos".
>Turned out to be corn chips with a sweet salsa-like-thing that
>didn't even include cheese.

>Alastair, the Prince of Northshield, was visiting the other week and,
>being the Texas boy he is, loudly bemoaned the fact that it was near
>to impossible to get Pace Hot Pecante sauce in Minnesota. But there
>was good cheese there. :-{)}

Well (I've posted this before) I found a really good "made from scratch" South
Western menu in a pub in the middle of Salisbury Plain in England one time - on
the way down to Stonehenge.  They made their own tortillas and everything.  The
only thing was the flour they were using was wrong.  It was too light.  It was a
fair attempt though, and a very pleasant surprise! :-)

Elysant