SC - CA13 and bath feasts

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 6 23:44:14 PDT 1999

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Aw, why not? We have been talking about our SCA-Cook's get-together
> at Pennsic. It would have to be a hot tub feast, though. I start turning
> various shades of blue in the Pennsic Swimming Hole if I stay in for
> the length of a reasonable feast. Brrr. I feel I already know some of
> you fairly well, even if I've never met you in person. This would just
> a bit more revealing. :-) I'm sure it would become a part of all those
> Pennsic stories that get told over and over.
> But alas, I'm afraid finding all those nifty wooden hot tubs would be
> rather difficult....

Perhaps you could talk to a winery about used vats?  Now I have promised
several young men of my acquiantance that when they are knighted, I will
prepare for them the ceremonial bath for their vigil, complete with fresh
linens, herbs, and bath maidens. Plan to use a stock tub, honestly. 'Bout
the right size for one.

Of course if you find big tubs for your party, don't forget the canopy
things that go over...

And the cabana boys for me!

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
- -
'A Vaillans Coeurs Riens Impossible'
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731