SC - Salt

Phil Anderson hairy at sloth.southern.co.nz
Thu Jul 8 02:30:02 PDT 1999

Some days ago, Ras wrote:

>Platina, IIRC, doesn't use salt in his
>recipes but gives a warning or to not to use too much salt.

Platina does in fact specifically list salt as an ingredient in a number
of recipes, but also writes (Book VII, 21) "I say nothing about salt,
since almost no food is made without it." (p 361 in Milham). I take that
as a fairly solid indication that it's reasonable to add salt to taste.

Edward Long-hair
Southron Gaard, Caid

 Phil Anderson  ***  hairy at sloth.southern.co.nz