SC - Lemon Cordial

Robert Newmyer rnewmyer at epix.net
Mon Jul 12 16:51:15 PDT 1999

    The recipe I supplied to the list is from a native of Sorrento, Italy.
As this recipe is flavored entirely with lemon peel, they seem to have
developed a taste for lemon oil. I think part of the problem is that we
(Americans)  associate lemon oil only with cleaning products, and not with
food. I noticed that after aging for about a year the lemon oil note is more
subtle. The proportion of peel in this recipe seems about right to me. The
pith (white stuff) will add bitterness and should not be used. Also, I would
only drink this cordial chilled, optimally from a freezer.

               Griffith Allt y Genlli, Blak Rose, East
               Bob Newmyer
               E-mail: rnewmyer at epix.net
               Web Page: http://home.epix.net/~rnewmyer