SC - primary sources

Chris morrisc at sitta.uwstout.edu
Tue Jul 13 15:38:34 PDT 1999

I think we should have a thread on cooking styles and I will start it.
I feel that this thread is beneficial.  If I am wrong I will stay quiet on this
subject.  This is a great list.  First there are three types of cooking that
cooking can be broken down to.

Dry
Wet, or moist
Fried.

Some say that there is another called combination. But that is another
argument for another day.

Lets take baking,  It is a dry method of cooking.  What separates baking
from roasting is the fact that baking is a constant temp.  example bake at
350.

Roasting is when the temperature varies.  You start the oven at a very
high temp and sear the out side of the roast or Chicken.  This can be
accomplished
on a grill out side to add a more fire roasted flavor.  After it is seared
you turn down the oven and cook it until it has reached the desired temp. I
welcome other input on these and other techniques.

Still in search of the game,

Aaron DaCook Hawksmoor