SC - Cooking Methods

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jul 22 08:49:25 PDT 1999

>I think we should have a thread on cooking styles and I will start
>it. I feel that this thread is beneficial.  If I am wrong I will stay
>quiet on this subject.  This is a great list.  First there are three
types of
>cooking that cooking can be broken down to.
>
>Dry
>Wet, or moist
>Fried.

An interesting note, it is always fascinating to say that Frying is a dry
method of cooking, and then watch the gears spin in people's minds as
they try to assimilate that one.  Just think about trying to add liquids
to frying oils.  What happens?  The water sputters and pops until it is
gone.  The oil cannot tolerate the liquid.  Therefore, the oil is a dry
method of cooking.
	Christianna