SC - Re: chili with rice

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Sat Jul 24 08:02:51 PDT 1999

I grew up and spent a great deal of my adult life in Texas. One of  my
grandmothers was from Mexico City, one side of my family came with the first
Americans to Texas.  My father died still believing our biggest mistake was
joining the United States, after all, Texas should continue to be a Republic.
It is too grand to be anything else.  Our chili was always thick...sometimes it
had beans (I know, I know, but I still like it that way) and sometimes it was
over rice...we were not Cajun and lived on the west side of the Sabine
River....  I have had it made with armadillo too and it was good.  I suppose
anything would be with the right spices and the proper cooking technique.  Viva
Texas.

Isabella