SC - cod and parrottongues / Apicius

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 16:33:04 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/27/99 7:21:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de writes:

<< Please correct me if I am wrong, but _if_ this picture is true, the text
 of the Apicius-collection we use in our editions and translations is 4th
 century and not 'medieval' and cannot easily be used to explore medieval
 practice.

 Cheers,
 Thomas >>

If your assessment is correct then your conclusions are correct also.
However, SCA-cooking is not confined to medieval cooking. SCA cooking
technically is confined to pre-17th century although a leeway of an
additional 50 yrs. is allowed by most folks.

Ras