SC - Book recommendation

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 06:51:06 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/30/99 3:41:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kerric at pobox.alaska.net writes:

<< There are menus
 aplenty in existence but I don't know if any of them have been examined in
terms
 of balancing the humors. I'd love to know if such a thing exists.

 Kerri >>

In the current middle ages, Master Adamantius appears to try and balance his
feasts a la the humor theory. Again I would recommend acquiring Platina. The
entire book is about the types of foods served and what not to serve, when to
serve them in the menu, their humoral properties and other health advice.
This is a period scholarly tome about the subject and is a real necessity for
the student of humoral medicine especially for the cook.

Ras