SC - I Fired My Bread!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jul 2 20:17:28 PDT 1999

Melisande Saucheverel gave us a wonderful description of her bread making
using a camp oven at Lillies War and then said:

> That's all for now.  Let me know what you think.  I plan to do this again;
> it was so easy!  I want to build an earthen oven at home and play with that.
> Does anyone have any specs on something like that?

Well, I don't have any mechanical drawings if that is what you are looking
for. But you might want to look at some of the comments, descriptions and
recipes in these files in my Florilegium:
ovens-msg         (69K)  4/28/99    Medieval ovens and SCA camp ovens.
camp-ovens-msg    (32K)  4/28/99    Small period and SCA camp ovens.

The first is in the FOOD section and the second is in SCA-CAMPING.

For those interested in recipes similar to what Melisande was cooking,
there are some in this file in the FOOD-BREADS section:
bread-stuffed-msg (22K)  1/ 5/98    Period stuffed bread. Rastons. Recipes.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****