SC - Florilegium

H B nn3_shay at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 13:14:53 PDT 1999

- --- "Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg" <rygbee at montana.com> wrote:
> Yes, my husband has a used copy of the 2-volume OED (last edition)
> with 4 pages to a page.  I believe he paid about $75 for it.
> Raoghnailt
> Stan Wyrm, Artemisia
> rygbee at montana.com
>
> > Try owning two Latin dictionaries which together cost $250. Yeah,
> > my friends think I'm crazy!  Glad other people here can understand!
> >
> > Violente de San Sebastiano de la Frontera,
> > whose eyes really *do* hurt at this point...

I am curious -- I was very, VERY lucky this year at our Friend of the
Library book sale (where you can usually pick up a Britannica or World
Book for a buck a book, if you can find all the boxes with all the
volumes), to find a 1937 OED, 10 volumes, $10, can't beat that with a
stick -- but what more is there in the later 2nd edition that is a few
more volumes?  Is it more words, newer words, more text referents, all
of the above?

- -- Harriet