SC - OT, OOP -- I Once Was Lost, But Now I'm Found...

Maureen Martin mlmartin at freewwweb.com
Thu Jul 8 20:10:41 PDT 1999

Dearest Evil List Administrator [Are you evil, or is it your list that's
evil? ;) ],

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> What usually happens is that a subscriber's server goes screwy and
> starts rejecting every message or the quota fills up so all messages
> get bounced back to majordomo. If I start getting a ton of Reject messages
> from a certain address they have to be unsubscribed before they overwhelm
> the system. Since the address is not responding to messages I can't
> even send a notification they have been unsubscribed. If any other list
> admins out there have a better solution I would be delighted to hear it.
>
> There is no official archive but I've heard of a couple of people on the list
> who were working on something.
>
> I do apologize for any inconvience.
>
> Yours,
>
> Gunthar
> Evil List Administrator

I thought it might be something like what you have described; it is
inconvenient, but it's something I'm willing to put up with in order to
receive free ISP (what can I say...I'm cheap [but not easy]).  No
apologies are necessary, but thanks for the thought.

I believe I will take advantage of Lucretzia's offer of "message
replacement" for the dates I am missing.

Thanks for responding!

Melisande