SC - Compost

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Jul 9 08:06:38 PDT 1999

>There's a recipe nearly identical to medieval Compost or the French
>equivalent green nut preserve, in a vinegar/mustard/honey sauce. It
>is for turnips (rapae), though, and doesn't say whether the vegetables
>are preserved raw or cooked. It just says to clean them. I'm tempted to
>think this might be just for preserving them, though, if the turnips
>are indeed raw when sauced.
>
>Adamantius

Speaking of compost, we are bringing some to the Cook's gathering at
Pennsic.  We made it for our Kingdom A&S, and had some left over (ok,
lots left over, I tried to tell him it was hard to underestimate on
vegetables).  It was good then, and we think it is getting better by
sitting in the refrigerator (the closest thing we have to a root cellar
in 90 degree Atlanta, Ga.)
	4 weeks from today we will be finishing up our packing, getting ready to
head out on Saturday.  I can hardly wait!
	Christianna