Cooking Styles, SC - Was primary sources

Anne of Bradford rdwlist at micronet.net
Tue Jul 13 16:15:45 PDT 1999

I first encountered the differences between baking and roasting in the OOP
Time-Life Good Cook series, the _Beef & Veal_ volume.  Having picked up the
multi-temp'd methods of doing roasts, I'll never look back.  I invariably get good
results out of changing the temperature, and having a GOOD meat thermometer (not
one of those candy/meat type).  I also recommend roasting over coals - again the
temperature changes, and a good thermometer is invaluable.

 - Anne