SC - Pre-Columbian foods

Susan Wensel sewensel at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jul 13 18:18:56 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/6/99 5:21:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, agora at algonet.se
> writes:
>
> << By the way, I have some books (in Spanish I am
>  afraid), with pre-Columbian recipes, food eaten in Mexico and Peru, if
>  someone want a share, I can try to translate a few.
>  They made a very tasteful snakestew, very similar to how we eat eel
>  today.
>  Ana L. Valdés >>
>
> Please? Thanks in advance. No need to translate for me if they are already in
> modern Spanish. ;-)
>
> Ras

Me too!!

In addition, my roommate (some time cook and one helluva researcher) has a degree
in Mesoamerican anthropology.  What this means is we (the list) have someone who
can read and translate medieval Spanish for us.  It also turns out that medieval
Spanish is not too different from medieval Portuguese.  If you want some help,
just let me know!!

BTW,  I have just rejoined this list after a year and a half hiatus.

Richenda.