SC - medieval feast in Visby, Gotland

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 16:23:50 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/25/99 6:49:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, agora at algonet.se
writes:

<< And it cost 50 dollars per
 person, a real theft, my friends!

 Ana, disappointed >>

My sympathies, m'lady. This is not only a problem there but a problem here. I
went to a feast several years ago at a commercial 'Medieval Castle' and was
served baked potatoes and roasted tomatoes among other things. A t a Renfaire
the supposed feast was equally obnoxious with corn, potatoes and tomatoes
appearing in the skimpy overpriced offering.

Recently you could have had a 16 dish feast with all the trimmings,
wonderfully prepared and seasoned, recipes derived from medieval cookery
books, for the wee sum of 5 US dollars at the Ladies Champion Tourney. Were
you at Pennsic this year and camping with Caer Frig you would enjoy at least
5 authentic medieval feasts and most likely several others of mixed
modern/period for the wee sum of 10 US dollars for 2 weeks of scheduled
dinners and throw togethers.

Perhaps you should start a coin jar and save up for Pennsic next year :-)

Ras