SC - boiled garlic

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 25 21:21:17 PDT 1999

We had a small baronial event tonight, a pot luck and dance revel.

For my dish, I made the boiled garlic recipe given here a while back,
Aquapatys. The original message was by Bear and the redaction given was
from Sass. It went over well and I had several compliments on the dish.

About the only change I made was to sprinkle them with ground dill seed
and garlic salt instead of garnishing with fresh parsley, which I
didn't have. Next time, I plan to try the Powder Forte mix I got from
the Pepper's Guild instead of the spices given.

Does anyone know which medieval cookbook this is from? Apicius, perhaps?

For those interested in this recipe, it is in the garlic-msg file
in my Florilegium.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: