SC - 12th Night event ideas

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jul 26 04:49:47 PDT 1999

Kerri Canepa wrote:

> If a guy dressed in green shows up and wants his head cut off, I'll be the first
> one out the door.
>
> >AH! Why not the adventure will be worth it. And beside Gawain survived, Why
> >couldn't anyone else.

Probably because Gawain, in the story, survived by the skin of his
teeth, only _after_ having resisted great temptation, with only slight
punishment for his all-too-human weakness. If just anyone could survive,
it would have caused bazillions of medieval folk to miss the Moral
Lesson, and we can't have _that_, can we???

Adamantius (picturing the real Arthur, if any, dividing the Green
Knight's domains into three parts) (heh heh)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com