SC - Real feasts?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 26 21:28:21 PDT 1999

Rhiannon C. said in reply to Cariadoc's assertion that one lacking of our
feasts is that we charge our "guests".
> I agree with you one hundred percent.  South Downs has hosed free feasts,
> and I personally like the idea.  I'm just not sure that a efst of this scale
> will be financially feasible if we _do_ charge for it.  I suspect much will
> hinge on our ability to utilize our food resources to their utmost.

Do you mean that if you charged to break even, the price would be such
that few would/could pay it?

We have talked about donations and such on this list before. There is also
this wonderful article by Adamantius on working with your local butcher.
This relationship however, is not something that can be built up quickly.
This article is in the FEASTS section of my Florilegium:
HC-butchers-art   (13K) 10/ 4/97    For Headcooks - How to work with your
local
                                       butcher.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net