SC - Learning kitchen skills

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 28 07:42:30 PDT 1999

I'm not young anymore but still move a bit. I'm  38.

To Nick and Chante, I think you will find many opportunities to learn
period kitchen skills in the Steppes/Elfsea area. There are several very
good cooks around and I may even get the chance to put my nose in the
kitchen every once in a while. Just walk in and ask to help. You may start
out chopping veggies or washing dishes but soon you will be learning spices
and be placed in charge of various dishes while the Chief Cook is busy with
other things. As with most things in the Society to learn to do stuff all you
have to do is ask.

There are no lack of opportunities to learn cookery around here. In fact I've
been common rabble for less than three weeks and I've already been asked
to cook a feast for Elfsea's Spring Faire. I may have to decline but that just
goes to show that there's always something going on.

> Anyone willing to teach me a few things in the
> Elfsea area?  Thanks, Nick Carter

Yers,

Gunthar