SC - boiled garlic

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 11:27:06 PDT 1999

> > aquapatys recipe just says to boil the garlic in this stuff with powders
> > of these spices, and serve it forth hot. To me, this suggests it was the
> > intent of the cooks to serve it more or less ungarnished in its
> > saffron-y yellow sauce. (Again, I'm going from memory here; I _think_ it
> > contains saffron.)
>
>Oh! I had only what had been posted on this list. I didn't even consider
>keeping the thin sauce as there was a fair amount of it.

Oh No! You threw out a sauce?  Don't do that!  Even if you think a sauce to
thin or otherwise not necessary to serve with a dish you've just made, it is
still a lovely seasoned broth and a shame to waste it. Next time you find
yourself in this situation, freeze the stuff.  Sooner or later you'll be
thinking dinner will have to be broiled chicken parts *yawn*, instead, you
can have chicken parts sauteed in garlic/saffron/whatever other spices
sauce!  *Yum!*

(or cook it down/thicken it as a sauce to pour over plain broiled chicken,
or even just mashed potatoes,  add it to a casserole or soup . . . )

Bonne