SC - Apicius / Kitab al-Tabikh

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 19:41:59 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/28/99 5:44:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de writes:

<< You mentioned a Kitab al-Tabikh in a Manuscript 'Oriental 5000' of the
 British library.......<snip lots of really interesting words and
questions>....... >>

His Grace Cariadoc'a Collection of Medieval and Renaissance Cookbooks vol. 1
and 2 contains several translated middle eastern and Andalusian cookery texts
and many footnotes regarding the same. These are medieval and not just SCA
period. I also have a book about Culinary styles and history in the Middle
East. If you will be patient with me I can enter into a dialog with you and
possibly His Grace about these subjects after I return from Pennsic.

Ras