SC - Under 40 crowd?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 29 04:52:06 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> Not to be a spoil sport or anything, folks, but this thread is beginning to
> take on the appearance of the 'Age /sex check' silliness on the chat rooms.
> Is it really pertinent to SCA-cooking? And if is so, how? So far as I can
> perceive the 'puter screen is both ageless and sexless. If there is someone
> who thinks either is of any major importance it seems as if private contact
> and private chat would be more acceptable. For myself, I couldn't care less
> if you are 9 or 90 and male or female with regard to cookery. Regarding other
> things if you are of legal age, I need know no further details.
>
> Ras
> (GOF at the moment and wishing this entire thread would go away. :-()

Initially the point was concern that feast cookery, which is strenuous
enough to be regarded by some as work for the young, is being endangered
by a perceived lack of young people wishing to learn about it. Some of
those fears have been eased by some folks on the list. Not all, though.
We may have strayed a bit from the original point, of course... .

Now, for the important questions, and for the benefit of our Studio Audience:

How old are you, Ras, what's your star sign, and would you be willing to
pose nekkid, surfing on an air-mattress, for the SCA-Cooks' Calendar? (A
steal at only $9.95, folks, order today!)

<sorry Ras, I _tried_ not to do it>

Adamantius, who has heard some nice things about a rock hereabouts
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com