SC - Egg shell colours

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Mon Jun 7 20:35:31 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/7/99 2:21:34 PM EST, kwah at earthlink.net writes:

<<
 As for last minute details that I was wondering about. Were brown eggs
 period? I am doing the lenten eggs and the thought of displaying nothing
 but plain white eggs is just killing me.  It is so boring!  I thought
 mixing brown and white eggs would give my display more color and life.

 Thank you all again.

 Lady Bebhinn >>

Lady Bebhinn

I think that brown eggs are more period then white eggs, and I'm sure someone
more knowledgeable than I will pop in soon with that info.

Have you considered dyeing the eggs -- you'll get a lovely robin's egg blue
by putting a couple of red cabbage leaves in the water as you broil the eggs.
 Turmeric in the water will make yellow eggs and, of course, a beet or two
will give you red ones.

Margherita the Weaver