OT Alfredo - was - Re: SC - Bhuna Prawn and Puri

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jun 10 19:15:55 PDT 1999

Dear Renata,

I hope that your father is feeling better.  I just found a book that might be
useful to you.  it is called A Soothing Broth, and is written by Pat Willard
(Broadway Books, 0-7679-0148-7, $18)  It contains many traditional recipes
for appropriate foods for various illnesses -- light teas and custards,
possets, appetite stimulants, etc.  The author's used relatviely modern
cookbooks, but lots of them sound like our period recipes!  Some of the
recipes she quotes the originals, but most of them are redacted to modern use.

Devra tyhe Baker
www.poisonpenpress.com