SC - (OT) food for ill kids

Oughton, Karin (GEIS, Tirlan) Karin.Oughton at geis.ge.com
Fri Jun 11 04:00:33 PDT 1999

my thought is that if it is a pearl barley casserole , you will find that
after freezing it will serve as a giant lump rather than as a semi liquid
casserole. Alot of pulses and grains seem to 'absorb' the liquids
surrounding them during freezing ( I'm sure that's not scientifically right
, but that's the effect ) and so you may have to dilute it down, with the
resultant effect that it is quite stodgy and the flacour balance changes.
Karin