SC - Faire Food--the Menus (long)

MAGGIE SECARA SECARAM at mainsaver.com
Fri Jun 11 16:53:22 PDT 1999

At 3:18 PM -0700 6/11/99, MAGGIE SECARA wrote:
>But when I mean to be period, I pretty much am.

You don't specify what "period" means for you. In the SCA, period is
pre-seventeenth century; I'm not sure when your ren fair is supposed to be
happening.

I raise the point because several of your recipes are from Markham, whose
book was published, as best I recall, in the second half of the seventeenth
century. And your "armored potatoes" are impossible for Platina, whose
recipe I gather you are basing them on, implausible for pre-seventeenth
century, but perhaps not implausible for seventeenth century.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/