SC - Fw: [Mid] Tudor Life

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Jun 16 17:38:33 PDT 1999

>From my soap making and cooking experience:
Tallow is beef. Lard is pork. Lanolin is sheep.
We won't even mention chicken fat.

I render (or melt) the fat in a roasting pan in the
oven at about 250 degrees F. and everyone thinks
I'm cooking a brisket.  Then I pour the melted
fat through a wire mesh sieve lined with a large
coffee filter.

/Elizabeth Hawkwood
Elfsea