SC - Scaling up recipes?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Jun 21 02:26:15 PDT 1999

Don't know if anyone can answer this, but it has been bugging me.

I LOVE cottage cheese.  For the past few years the cottage cheese that I
have been purchasing (no matter what brand) is so "liquidy".  So much so
that I have to strain it
in cheese cloth before using it.  Now it doesn't matter if it is "old"
or brand-new just off the dairy truck.  (I check the expiration dates)
Does someone have any ideas??  I honestly remember cottage cheese as
being thicker and less milky.  Also the size of the curd doesn't seem to
make a difference.

Rayne
Meridies (USA)