SC - Scaling up recipes?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 04:04:46 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/20/99 10:18:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
PRIDEelectric at centuryinter.net writes:

<< For the past few years the cottage cheese that I
 have been purchasing (no matter what brand) is so "liquidy".  So much so
 that I have to strain it
 in cheese cloth before using it.  Now it doesn't matter if it is "old"
 or brand-new just off the dairy truck. >>

This may not be an option for you but some of the more expensive proprietary
brands still have the taste and consistency of good old fashioned cottage
cheese. Two of these are Breakstone and Stonecreek with Breakstone being my
current favorite.

The watery texture is due to a change in manufacturing processes where
buttermilk or real cultured cream that used to be used for the base liquid
have been changed to Goddess knows what garbage in the interest of making a
few more bucks. The results for me personally is avoidance of those brands
which substitute quantify for quality.

Ras