SC - Scaling up recipes?

LordVoldai@aol.com LordVoldai at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 21:48:06 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/21/99 11:54:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, acrouss at gte.net
writes:

<< What seems like second nature so you don't even have to think about
 it is not second nature to everyone! :)

 --AM >>

Agreed. I was not insinuating that your experiences in this area were
invalid. You, as I do, appear to try to be everywhere in the kitchen at once
when doing a large feast. Such attention to detail means the difference
between an OK feast and a great feast which I am sure you produce with some
regularity.

Would you not agree, however, that given the variables which can be caused by
weather as much as any other reason, it is a good thing to just go ahead and
scale everything up exactly? It would be far better to have a little extra to
play with if needed than to not have enough ingredients in the long run.

I have NEVER had a failure when upscaling any recipes I have ever used.
Perhaps lack of such failure makes my opinions and experience in this area
invalid. I don't know. However, I would like to assure everyone here that ANY
recipes I post here personally can be safely scaled up exactly without
worrying about tweaking and still produce a fine dish with little or no
change from the smaller version of the recipe regarding taste, texture or any
other thing. Of this you have my personal guarantee.

Ras