SC - Book opinions

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jun 24 06:43:53 PDT 1999

A great deal snipped...

> 	Ice Cream Cone: 1904, St. Louis, Missouri
>
> 	For centuries, ice cream was served in saucers and dishes and heaped
> on
> waffles, but there is no evidence for the existance of an edible pastry
> cone until 1904, at the St. Louis World's Fair.

There is an Italian dessert where sweetened marscapone (a type of cream
cheese) is forced into a rolled wafer.  IIRC, I have seen a reference to
this in relation to the 18th Century being prepared as a conical tube
referred to as a cone.

The sugar cone has a sealed point which makes it an actual cone rather than
a conic section.  The above article while probably precisely correct, leaves
a lot of slack as it does not define the term cone.

Bear