SC - Wafer recipes please?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jun 24 21:06:56 PDT 1999

> Which brings up another question -- were capers used in our period?  I
> haven't seen them mentioned, which doesn't mean they're not...
>
> Renata

Via Root:

Capers are mentioned in the 16th Century in Olivier de Serres' Theatre of
Agriculture and the Family of the Fields.  Root suggests a Saharan origin
and places them as a spice known to the ancient Greeks, but a late arrival.
Introduced by the Greeks to France around 600 BC.  Known to the Romans as
far back as their written records reach.

Bear