SC - open fire bread bakeing question

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Jun 29 04:58:11 PDT 1999

Voldai asked:
> i know that tomatoes were a new world find.  however i have recently heard
> that the italians were using them in late period.  can anyone confirm or deny
> this?  thanx in advance

I can't remember the exact dates given here, but you might want to check these
files in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:
tomato-hist-art   (18K)  2/ 1/99    "You say tomato I say Xitomatl" by Lord
                                       Xaviar the Eccentric.
tomatoes-msg      (19K)  1/29/99    Tomatoes in period.

I added a little bit to the tomatoes-msg file today. If you wait a few days
it should be in the Florilegium.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: