SC - Egg shell colours

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 7 22:21:29 PDT 1999

Elysant mentioned:
>Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that in Britain white eggs
>are sought after more than brown eggs, and that the opposite is true in the US.

I think the white egg shells are the most common here in the US. Perhaps the
brown shelled ones are the most sought after though, since when my wife
wanted to buy them last night I pointed out that they cost almost twice as
much. ($1.89 for a dozen for brown vs. $0.99 for a dozen white ones. large
size.) We bought the white shelled ones.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****